Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Iron support continues

First of all, that beer sitting on the kiln is mine not my welding hubby's. (I get to relax and watch as he welds away.) Four corners went up. We extended them higher than they need to be and will trim them down later.


We used 2" new angle iron. Next we put up side support to accept the weight and pressure of the sprung arch. Russ found used but solid c-channel (3", I think).




Pretty sure this structure will hold up just fine. Engineer husband tend to over-engineer everything. ;) A temporary bar was added at the top of the ironwork on both sides to "box" in the structure that will be removed later, after supports are added lower (Due to my haphazard planning, I didn't know exactly where those final supports should line up.)



Worked until sundown so time to quit. Now I can get moving on installing the sprung arch. Woohoo!!! Getting closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment