Sunday, April 12, 2015

Skew back bricks and arch work

So it was Easter and I had family visiting who had no interest in helping me build my kiln (no surprise there!). I also have a show in 3 weeks so my kiln building was once again on hold but getting back to it today. My wonderful hubby built my arch support out of scrap wood and scrap cardboard using the paper templates I drew up earlier.

                                     



Temporary wooden supports went up to hold the arch support in place. The rear wall continued up and the arch pieces started.




The skew back gave me some grief as my saw was too small to fit the brick for an angles cut like that. Some finagling (and help from Russ again,) and they are all set. I had to cut them into half brick before adding the correct angle.



My saw blade officially bit the dust so off to home depot for a new blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment