Monday, April 13, 2015

Arch support is out! (and it didn't fall)

I opted to remove the arch support this morning and make sure the arch wouldn't collapse before I went on to adding the IFB layer. I'm happy to report it held up with little shifting. A few bricks slipped down 1/8"-ish but the rest barely moved. Some gaps from uneven cuts but I don't think it is too bad. I guess time will tell.





I know it's not perfect but out of all the things I have done on the kiln, I am proud of this part! lol, I'll even be more proud if it holds together when I fire up the kiln. I really had to cut bricks and make odd sizes fit together. Like all of the kiln, not ideal but I think a good use of what was available to me. I plan on adding a layer of ceramic fiber over (as there are a few gaps) and then top it with a layer of IFB. Getting closer to finishing. Now I need my hubby to hop on here and give you guys the rundown on how he built the burners. Also he needs to post info on the pilot lights and safety stuff (which is the one part we spared no expense and bought new).

No comments:

Post a Comment