Monday, May 18, 2015

Burners and gas lines going in!

So my hubby is installing burners and gas lines. He got a bunch done while I was away at the John C Campbell folk school in NC taking a class from Stephen Jepson. I came home to this:


I can't describe any of this other than to say my hubby built the burners out of stainless pipe, fittings, welding stuff... I'll get him to post a blog with descriptions of all. We did not scrimp on the safety portion so each burner has a baso valve and pilot light. For now I can only provide the pictures. The picture above is the one in front and here is a picture of the rear one by the chimney.


Here's my hubby installing it:


The burners are adjustable forward and back to adjust the distance of the burner to the kiln. Three trips to Home Depot later and it was too dark to finish and trial. :( We also need to pick up a little more angle iron to finish up the chimney support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment