Thursday, May 28, 2015

Ironwork and remainder of chimney

The remainder of the ironwork is complete. Here's the chimney damper support:


We welded in the remaining ironwork (meaning my hubby, not "we") and took down the temporary bracing.





The chimney was extended up to about 7 1/2 feet and framed in with more ironwork.


I also layed out the wicket (kiln door). It is a double layer thick of IFB 23. These were my nice square 50 IFB that Tom kindly traded with me for some key shaped ones.


Of course we had to test the burners. As expected, they shot straight across to the wall then up the wall. To make the transition smoother I added some angled bricks in both corners to aim the flames up.


Safety shut off featured were tried and worked great! Flames ran well and gas lines were checked for leaks with some soapy water.




Here are the flame "ramps" to encourage them upwards. Simple but effective.


The silicon carbide bottom shelves were placed in and I am ready to load the Kiln!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment